Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Fabien FromGameloft

Community Manager

[FEEDBACK] RIO UPDATE

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:47 pm
We are deploying the update on iOS devices and we will start to do it soon on other platforms. If you have it already installed, please let us know what you think about it. If you have encounter an issue since you have updated your game, let us know too in this thread! 

Trailer Rio Update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ilU_uadKmI
no avatar

Tiger8901

Re: [FEEDBACK] RIO UPDATE

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:56 pm
Liking the update so far. Found 2 bugs. The Early Offer Car Pack and the Extra Class-C Car Pack doesn't show the proper text when you click on it, it shows some red text instead.

One question: How can you view the Daily Awards after already collecting them for the day?

'rez

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

UK

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:06 pm
installed fine on ipad mini2.
new track looks good. well, the one i've seen of the 4 does - 'ipanema showdown' is available in WSMP
the whole VIP thing will take some learning about

I would have liked to have seen / expected some of the following:
- Mastery prizes beyond Wolf decal
- new tracks are usually showcased in Metal event, this time they were not
- season 9 GUI broken down into class tabs for easier accessibility

one minor glitch for me - i was p17 in APEX boosters MPE before updating. afterwards, my points got reset, now i'm p30,000+ and dropping. apprehensive about racing the M-B AMG GT3 MPE as a result.
no avatar

Jason_Mackensen

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:25 pm
@rez - sounds like the update reset the event LB's, but is allowing you to view your "old" position in events you haven't "'re-qualified" for, similar to effect of being able to view the wrong board in CB/LB situations. I would suggest taking a SS of current points in gt3 mpe, then keep playing and take another SS at the end so you have a total to submit for compensation. Your current position likely doesn't exist anymore but is still viewable since you haven't played again to re-qualify on LB. I would SS your TLE positions as well for the same reason just in case. Also do it BEFORE the event ends, otherwise, if my theory is correct, once the events end the un-qualified pos/times will disappear altogether like you never played.

Motor Away

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:37 pm
I am unable to use any of my Elite cars, I can't access my inventory (or buy a daily box), I can't check out the new VIP section of the game, and I also can't access daily tasks.  In other words, portions of A8 aren't working on my device.  These problems happened as soon as I updated the game.

(Also, when I played the Apex cup after updating, all the points I had accumulated last night got reset.  Thankfully the rewards for this Apex are quite bad, otherwise I would be somewhat upset.)

Gregob

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:47 pm
Jason_Mackensen wrote:
@rez - sounds like the update reset the event LB's, but is allowing you to view your "old" position in events you haven't "'re-qualified" for, similar to effect of being able to view the wrong board in CB/LB situations. I would suggest taking a SS of current points in gt3 mpe, then keep playing and take another SS at the end so you have a total to submit for compensation. Your current position likely doesn't exist anymore but is still viewable since you haven't played again to re-qualify on LB. I would SS your TLE positions as well for the same reason just in case. Also do it BEFORE the event ends, otherwise, if my theory is correct, once the events end the un-qualified pos/times will disappear altogether like you never played.

correct. My apex wed. Event went back to 0 after I completed a race. I was at 200 range but don't have record of it.

Motor Away

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:59 pm
The Enduro Double Down for the Aston Martin One-77 has started for most iOS players. It's not showing up on my device. I know a few other players who have this problem. Fabien, parts of your server appear to be down for some players.

Gregob

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:21 pm
Motor Away wrote:
The Enduro Double Down for the Aston Martin One-77 has started for most iOS players. It's not showing up on my device. I know a few other players who have this problem. Fabien, parts of your server appear to be down for some players.

i had to shut down my tablet and restart to get it. Have fun.

Motor Away

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:27 pm
The problem is much more thorough than just the Enduro Double Down not showing up.  I can't access daily tasks, my inventory, or use any of my Elite cars.  I also can't buy the new C-class Elite Mercedes that's for sale (no token transactions of any sort are working), although the option to buy it did appear 10 minutes ago.  I know a few other players who are having this same issue - all of them veteran players who have been playing this game for more than 2 years, like me.  I don't know what's going on...