Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

La liberté

Veteran

Re: Join My Clan

Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:03 am
@Greg, Very well said. +1  I wish I had said that.
               Avatar ...  3-Princeton-students-after-a-freshman-vs-sophomores-snowball-fight-1893
no avatar

tunnleking

Veteran

Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:06 pm
Martelo- For me it is not about spending money or not spending money but rather the subliminal, carrot and stick, tactics that GL is using to try and get us to spend money. It would be the same if you, as a restaurant owner, advertised home cooked fresh food, pumped delicious smelling smells out from your kitchen onto the street to entice passerby's, and then served them microwaved crap at an inflated price. But before you seved it to them you let the rats and cockroaches crawl all over it.

TheBaerMan

Veteran

Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:48 pm
tunnleking wrote:
Martelo- For me it is not about spending money or not spending money but rather the subliminal, carrot and stick, tactics that GL is using to try and get us to spend money. It would be the same if you, as a restaurant owner, advertised home cooked fresh food, pumped delicious smelling smells out from your kitchen onto the street to entice passerby's, and then served them microwaved crap at an inflated price. But before you seved it to them you let the rats and cockroaches crawl all over it.

BAM! +10 :-P
USA LG H960 V10 Android 6.0 Ron B. (Ron Baer G+)
Cars Owned/Max'd/MaxPro'd : 119/81/61
no avatar

GrannyFUGL

Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:14 pm
For clarity: Just because some don’t spend real money,  doesn’t mean Gameloft isn’t making money from them. This game may be “free” but surely Gameloft is making money from ALL players with their ads.  I’m guessing they keep track of all of us, how much time we’re on, how many ads open on our machines, (that we’re forced to leave on cause they can’t be shut off!) Surely our numbers add to their profits.   And an “edgy” but lively and entertaining forum keeps us all hooked, so its really in Gameloft‘s best interest to keep it going.

I’m sad so many of the FUGL threads are going to be removed...

I have great respect for our moderator, a thankless job. He had the great idea to redirect some of members’ frustration, with suggesting in-forum challenges! (I‘d post my times if I could ever beat any of you! and I’ve tried!)

I’ve also been touched by such kindness on the part of members, esp. some senior members who are part of FUGL. Taking their own precious time to give tips, help and support to others. ThrustMarmot’s brilliant idea for FUGL turned many negative emotions into positive ones, and kept us entertained... FUGL has been so inclusive from the start, any rules to join were dropped. Everyone welcome!  We all get frustrated with A8A, and many of us show signs of addiction to this game, I’m certainly there.  FUGL’s been a breath of fresh air, I know I’ll laugh out loud at least once every time I look, and we know how important that is for our health! What would an old Granny like me be doing if I wasn’t collecting digital cars? collecting porcelain figurines? and having to dust them? Yuck!

I’m amazed that people all over the world can play together at the same time! and share our joys and frustrations in this wonderful forum....  And how all of us are trained: waiting to click that button and see a picture of a mid-tech showing up in our inventory! How hilarious is that?!?!? You know what I’m talking about!

Thank you all, and Gameloft, for providing such blessings in my life! FUGL has been part of that - please don’t take it away.....  lighten up - just a name...

In forums it seems there are always people that have to be right, like a dog that won’t let go of its bone. Don’t let them hook you. Let’s have fun, and knock each other down in the races, not on the forum!

And Gameloft: please notice how useful FUGL and FUGLers are to you!

yours truly, GrannyFUGL
no avatar

Cadburyredbull

Veteran

Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:25 pm
GrannyFUGL wrote:
For clarity: Just because some don’t spend real money,  doesn’t mean Gameloft isn’t making money from them. This game may be “free” but surely Gameloft is making money from ALL players with their ads.  I’m guessing they keep track of all of us, how much time we’re on, how many ads open on our machines, (that we’re forced to leave on cause they can’t be shut off!) Surely our numbers add to their profits.   And an “edgy” but lively and entertaining forum keeps us all hooked, so its really in Gameloft‘s best interest to keep it going.

I’m sad so many of the FUGL threads are going to be removed...

I have great respect for our moderator, a thankless job. He had the great idea to redirect some of members’ frustration, with suggesting in-forum challenges! (I‘d post my times if I could ever beat any of you! and I’ve tried!)

I’ve also been touched by such kindness on the part of members, esp. some senior members who are part of FUGL. Taking their own precious time to give tips, help and support to others. ThrustMarmot’s brilliant idea for FUGL turned many negative emotions into positive ones, and kept us entertained... FUGL has been so inclusive from the start, any rules to join were dropped. Everyone welcome!  We all get frustrated with A8A, and many of us show signs of addiction to this game, I’m certainly there.  FUGL’s been a breath of fresh air, I know I’ll laugh out loud at least once every time I look, and we know how important that is for our health! What would an old Granny like me be doing if I wasn’t collecting digital cars? collecting porcelain figurines? and having to dust them? Yuck!

I’m amazed that people all over the world can play together at the same time! and share our joys and frustrations in this wonderful forum....  And how all of us are trained: waiting to click that button and see a picture of a mid-tech showing up in our inventory! How hilarious is that?!?!? You know what I’m talking about!

Thank you all, and Gameloft, for providing such blessings in my life! FUGL has been part of that - please don’t take it away.....  lighten up - just a name...

In forums it seems there are always people that have to be right, like a dog that won’t let go of its bone. Don’t let them hook you. Let’s have fun, and knock each other down in the races, not on the forum!

And Gameloft: please notice how useful FUGL and FUGLers are to you!

yours truly, GrannyFUGL

I am so sorry to inform you that its been done. The clan that we all created and loved. The clan which bring light to this forum. The clan that welcome everyone and help everyone. FUGL is no more. Thanks to some few jealous and childish people on this forum, everything is destroyed. The moderators, instead of weighting and understand anything, choose to side with the select few who are close to them. The reason - even they are not clear, they say its the name and they don't like it. Such is the rule, higher then the voice of the forum users. SAD

Rares_FromGameloft

Retired Community Manager

Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:54 pm
As i said in a previous thread, i won't be against you keeping your clan tag as long as you remove it from your signatures.

-Rares
no avatar

GregKFla

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:06 pm
Please elaborate. What can't be on the signature?.

TheBaerMan

Veteran

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:46 pm
Dear GL, I'll make you a deal... You clean up your game of the cheaters and hackers first and foremost, then you can have the right to tell me what my signature can say.
USA LG H960 V10 Android 6.0 Ron B. (Ron Baer G+)
Cars Owned/Max'd/MaxPro'd : 119/81/61
no avatar

Cadburyredbull

Veteran

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:55 pm
TheBaerMan wrote:
Dear GL, I'll make you a deal... You clean up your game of the cheaters and hackers first and foremost, then you can have the right to tell me what my signature can say.

10+ ;D

SKYHOWL

Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:07 am
I am one lavish spender in this game and i ve posted straight forward thought and encouraging players to spend on game but i was never slapped at by FUGL members in fact i wasn't even a member at start but the things they came up with :D man one should credit them for that and encourage the good side. well i see the future as Game loft is pretty much determined to undermine this clan and bring it down, instead i can give you guys a long list of top priority to do list instead of whining about a harmless name.
I feel cheated when some hacker has a car before it is even released
I feel ripped off when engine boxes deliver preposterous cards
I feel out raged when i find no mid and advanced techs from master kits.
I feel totally cheated when a silly token car could beat a hard earned cobra.

I feel like a game lover when i become a forum user, so in fact even the FU perceived by others turns into a Forum User here because technically U is not you in actual English. Infact the only description that legitly fits in is Forum User Game Lover ... so now sit back and let us do some beat the time events, it was so much fun T_T
SKYHOWL.. Forced Under Game Loft Guide Lines..... Playing on Android on a small mobile screen